List:       postfix-users
Subject:    Re: postfix milter body chunk length
From:       Matthias Schneider <matthias.schneider () rmail ! de>
Date:       2019-08-20 12:22:19

Am 20.08.19 um 13:09 schrieb Wietse Venema:
> Why does the kernel return this nonsensical mss value which is
> 1/3 of the MTU? 40kB of packet the framing overhead for loopback?

Good question, i have the same problem on different ubuntu machines,
there is no tunneling or vpn, just plain network.
I also get TCP_MAXSEG 21845 on a newly launched VPS on a cloud provider
(loopback mtu 65536).

net.ipv4.tcp_congestion_control = cubic

but i have tried "reno" too, no difference. I have no idea where the mtu
/ 3 happens.

Thanks

Matthias Schneider