List:       postfix-users
Subject:    Re: check policy service postfwd
From:       Wietse Venema <wietse () porcupine ! org>
Date:       2019-02-28 15:43:35

Admin Beckspaced:

> >> That depends on where in smtpd_mumble_restrictions
> >> the 'check_policy_service' appears.
> > Hint: show "postconf -n" instead of main.cf cut and paste.

> smtpd_end_of_data_restrictions = check_policy_service inet:127.0.0.1:10040

According to this, Postfix invokes check_policy_service at end-of-data.
This requires that Postfix did not block the client, ehlo/helo, sender,
at least one recipient, and the data command.

Also, check_policy_service/postfwd does not inspect email content.
It reports that the end-of-data state was reached, plus some SMTP
session properties.

	Wietse