List:       postfix-users
Subject:    Re: Postfix stable release 3.4.0
From:       Viktor Dukhovni <postfix-users () dukhovni ! org>
Date:       2019-02-28 3:30:36

On Thu, Feb 28, 2019 at 02:57:14PM +1300, Peter wrote:

> On 28/02/19 14:21, Wietse Venema wrote:
> >    * Postfix 3.4 drops support for OpenSSL 1.0.1 (end-of-life was
> >      December 31, 2016) and all earlier releases. Postfix 3.3 and
> >      earlier still support older OpenSSL APIs.
>
> Any possibility I can get you to reconsider this?  I'd like to be able
> to continue to build for CentOS 6.

Sorry no.  Adding compatibility for OpenSSL 1.1.1 and TLS 1.3, plus
SNI and other TLS improvements makes maintaing support for OpenSSL
1.0.1 much too cumbersome.

If you're willing to build your own Postfix from source, replacing
the one provided by CentOS, you can build an OpenSSL to go with it,
that can be installed in "/opt" or similar, in which case you can
have Postfix 3.4.0 and OpenSSL 1.1.1, which unlike 1.0.2 does not
go EOL after December this year (~10 months of security support
left).

--
	Viktor.