List:       postfix-users
Subject:    Re: Disable bounce for message
From:       Viktor Dukhovni <postfix-users () dukhovni ! org>
Date:       2019-02-20 18:54:16

> On Feb 20, 2019, at 1:41 PM, Stavros Tsolakos <stsolakos@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> !!! I can't believe how many times I have read the description of the -N
> parameter and still my brain failed to process it properly, expecting to
> find something involving "Return-Path". Seems I need a second pair of
> eyes...
>
> Thank you very much and apologies for the dumb question!

For the record, the "never" setting does not *guarantee* that
no bounce will be sent by some remote MTA that does not support
DSN.  Your local system will not generate a bounce, and if the
message is then accepted by systems that support DSN they
should not send a bounce either, but at some point along the
delivery path, DSN support may be missing or disabled, and
if delivery fails after that point a bounce may be sent.

You can set an empty envelope with "-f '<>'", which will
preclude bounces, but may hamper deliverabilty.

--
	Viktor.