List:       postfix-users
Subject:    Re: 4.7.0 too many connections from Tbird client
From:       Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uhlar () fantomas ! sk>
Date:       2018-01-25 8:33:22

On 25.01.18 12:43, Voytek wrote:
>in the past, I've usually entered remote office IPs into mynetworks
>
>is putting remote office IPs into mynetworks, is that something that was
>done in the past, with sending on port 25, but not anymore with using
>submission ?
>
>I currently have old_mail_server, new_mail_server
>
>should mynetworks include other mail server IPs and 127.0.0.1;
>but, all remote offices go into smtpd_client_connection_rate_limit ?

it depends. mynetworks is just a setting that is used in some other rules,
usually to avoid client restrictions like rate limiting, relay control etc.

smtpd_client_event_limit_exceptions defaults to $mynetworks.

if you need any more bonuses to your offices like avoiding the need of SMTP
authentication, add them to mynetworks. Otherwise, just use
smtpd_client_event_limit_exceptions
Saving Private Ryan...
Private Ryan exists. Overwrite? (Y/N)