List:       postfix-users
Subject:    Re: after-queue filter and authentication
From:       Vladimir Kozlov <vladimir.kozlov () idm ! ru>
Date:       2013-12-23 7:12:39

20.12.2013 19:20, /dev/rob0 пишет:
> On Fri, Dec 20, 2013 at 04:54:02PM +0400, Vladimir Kozlov wrote:
>> It seems that there is no way to pass auth information through
>> after-queue filter...
>
> I don't understand the problem. The user authenticated, and was
> passed through your MYUSERS policy bank, filtering done or bypassed
> as you configured it. Why do you need the authentication after the
> filter?

I have after-queue filter called autoresponse (from nefaria.com). The
problem is that I have amavisd-new as well, and I'd like to use both
autoresponse filter and amavisd-new MYUSER policy bank.

But when email is re-injected by the autoresponse filter with sendmail,
information about authentication is lost.

>> OK, is there any way to send message using postfix from command
>> line as authenticated user?
>
> sendmail(1) has no concept of authentication, that is exclusively a
> matter of SMTP.
Could you suggest another command-line client with authentication to be
used instead of sendmail for re-injection (sendEmail is not suitable, it
could not process some headers like Subject: and Mail from:)?

>> Or it could be done only using third-party tools?
>
> Sure, a null client in place of sendmail, but why?

See above.

Kind regards,
Vladimir.

["smime.p7s" (application/pkcs7-signature)]