List:       postfix-users
Subject:    Re: Google rejecting IPv6 mails
From:       John Allen <john () klam ! ca>
Date:       2013-10-08 12:17:05

I ran into this problem a little while ago.
I found that the problem was the Postfix binds to a port (25) for
sending, Linux links that port to an IP when needed. This means that the
address may change each time a send is initiated (This is my imperfect
understanding of things).

To make sure that postfix used a valid (Google valid) setup I added -o
smtp_bind_address and smtp_bind_address6 to the smtp entry in master.
This seemed to fix the no PTR found problem for me. The alternative is
to add a PTR record for every possible address, not very practical
particularly with IPv6.

I am not sure about the "unusual rate..." but  I wonder if it is a
different manifestation of the same problem.

All I can say is that since adding the smtp_bind... I have not had any
problems.

I hope this helps.