List:       postfix-users
Subject:    Re: smtpd_sender_login_maps and out of office messages
From:       wietse () porcupine ! org (Wietse Venema)
Date:       2013-07-31 11:06:17

James Day:
> Hello list,
>
> Hopefully a simple question but I can't seem to find the answer
> in the documentation (maybe my Google skills are lacking!).
>
> I'm using smtpd_sender_login_maps to ensure that users relaying
> only send mail from their own domains.
>
> Is it possible to allow an exception for out of office messages /
> automatic replies (ie where there is no sender address)?

It is possible.

You would need to "permit" the null envelope sender address before
enforcing reject_sender_login_mismatch. At the same time this should
not make you an open relay for mail from <>.

For these reasons I suggest moving reject_sender_login_mismatch out
of smtpd_recipient_restrictions, and into smtpd_sender_restrictions.

/etc/postfix/main.cf:
    smtpd_sender_restrictions =
	check_sender_access hash:/etc/postfix/sender_access
	reject_sender_login_mismatch

/etc/postfix/sender_access:
    <> permit

The <> is a surrogate for the empty adress, and is configured
with the smtpd_null_access_lookup_key parameter. Postfix never
queries a table with the null-string lookup key.

	Wietse