List:       postfix-users
Subject:    Re: multiple instances of postfix
From:       Noel Jones <njones () megan ! vbhcs ! org>
Date:       2012-08-28 14:28:43

On 8/28/2012 12:57 AM, anant@isac.gov.in wrote:
> Dear List,
>
> right now, in one of my servers, only one instance of postfix is
> running.  This is already integrated with amavisd-new running on the
> same server.
>
> My question is, if I create another instance of postfix, do I need
> to create another instance of amavisd-new/Clamav?

amavisd-new can be configured to listen on multiple ports to serve
other postfix instances.  See the amavisd-new docs and release notes
for details -- look for $inet_socket_port, $forward_method, and
policy banks.  For further help configuring amavisd-new, see the
amavis-users mail list.

Clamav should also be able to be shared, but may need additional
configuratoin depending on how it plugs in to postfix.  If you're
using clamav inside amavisd-new, no changes to clamav are needed.

  -- Noel Jones