List:       postfix-users
Subject:    Delivered-To header and virtual aliases
From:       Mildred Ki'Lya <mildred-ml () mildred ! fr>
Date:       2012-02-28 22:30:15

Hi,

I'm using postfix in a virtual domain setup, forwarding mails to dovecot
using the dovecot lmtp server.
I also have aliases for the users on that virtual domain. This is
configured as follows:

virtual_transport = lmtp:unix:private/dovecot-lmtp
virtual_alias_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/valias

My question is simple. Let's imagine for example my alias file looks like :

nickname@example.com firtname.lastname@example.com

Mails sent to nickname@example.com will be redirected to
firstname.lastname@example.com. Dovecot is configured to accept mails
for firstname.lastname but not nickname.

My problem is that the Delivered-To header is always
firstname.lastname@example.com. Even if the mail was sent to
nickname@example.com. Is there a way postfix could set the Delivered-To
header before the virtual alias are processed. Apparently, there is an
option for local aliases (frozen_delivered_to
<http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#frozen_delivered_to>) but not
for virtual aliases.

Thank you,

Mildred