List:       postfix-users
Subject:    Re: queue file write error
From:       Wietse Venema <wietse () porcupine ! org>
Date:       2012-02-27 12:03:46

Stefan Jakobs:
> What makes me wonder is, that I can't find a hint about the 'queue file write
> error' in the logfile. From the log it looks as if there wasn't any problem
> with the message a all. Is that the intended behavior or are there some
> missing log lines?

Postfix logs a timeout error as:

    warning: timeout talking to proxy <proxy-filter-name>

Postfix logs a crashed proxy as:

    warning: lost connection with proxy <proxy-filter-name>

If you don't see any warnings in your maillog file, then you are
looking in the wrong file. Some systems separate the normal logging
from the error logging, making trouble shooting more difficult.

	Wietse