List:       postfix-users
Subject:    Re: dealing with Yahoo slowness
From:       Florin Andrei <florin () andrei ! myip ! org>
Date:       2010-06-30 17:15:10

On 06/28/2010 03:20 PM, Mike Hutchinson wrote:

> Once we'd performed the upgrade, and applied the rate limiting configuration
> everything went smoothly - perhaps try the same values from the original
> post and work from there.

More info. This is how the queues always look, it's a very typical batch:

http://i.imgur.com/7MPIx.png

The batch is sent out at midnight (not always at midnight, just in this
case). The active queue is dropping at a pretty good slope - that's
everyone except Yahoo.

Then there's a green bump at 3am and the active queue is loaded with
more mails, but this time it's decreasing more slowly. This is when
basically there's only @yahoo.com email in the queue.

Then it gets thrown in deferred at 4:30am, then briefly in active, then
deferred again, repeat. It's over 99% @yahoo.com at that point.

This is with minimal_backoff_time = 1000 and maximal_backoff_time =
2000. I'll try 500 and 1000 instead, maybe that makes the blue bumps
more narrow.

--
Florin Andrei
http://florin.myip.org/