List:       postfix-users
Subject:    Re: Please criticize my basic filtering config
From:       LuKreme <kremels () kreme ! com>
Date:       2009-10-27 20:53:07

On 27-Oct-2009, at 09:00, Harakiri wrote:
> --- On Tue, 10/27/09, Sahil Tandon <sahil@tandon.net> wrote:
>
>> From: Sahil Tandon <sahil@tandon.net>
>

>> I reject with zen before greylisting.
>>

> Hi,
>
> thanks for your reply - i had thought about it - but since RBL is an
> external service - it takes more time to go through,

I dunno about that, DNS is very fast. I would not be surprised if it
was sometimes faster than parsing a greylist database for a triplet.

> therefor i used greylisting before RBL since its a local lookup.
> Most spam is already catched through greylisting first, not RBL in
> my opinion.

I find that rejecting with zen first is far and away the best option.
In fact, I see so little help from greylisting I am seriously
considering removing it from my arsenal.

--
I AM SO VERY TIRED
	Bart chalkboard Ep. AABF20