List:       postfix-users
Subject:    redirect email until a limit is reached
From:       cedric briner <work () infomaniak ! ch>
Date:       2009-08-27 12:18:32

Hello,

The situation:

I'm belonging to an organisation which has already a mail system. This
system manages email account for people perfectly. The domain is
unige.ch (University of Geneva)

But in our department (the observatory), we have many computing servers
where people launch batch which sends emails. And some times, we get an
batch who get wrongs and start sending emails at a too high rate.

The actual situation is to send all the email to unige.ch servers. And
times to times the postmaster at unige.ch complains to us about it when
many emails are sent.

So, I'm wanting to have a better solution.

What about:

the postfix on the computing server:
  - redirect every emails to our department server (obs_mail.unige.ch)

The postfix server on our department obs_mail.unige.ch
  - check how many email an account is receiving per day and
   - if it is under a 100 per day then it follows up to mail.unige.ch
   - otherwise it keeps emails in itself
     and send an email alert to the account by passing by mail.unige.ch
saying: wow you get many emails here:<url where to find what we talk about>

every email should contains information from which calculating server it
was originated.

The questions:

1)
Does it looks like a good solution.
If not, which solution do you propose to solve this.

2)
If yes, how can I setup this max email allowed

3)
how to send this email notification in the case the maximum is reached.

4)
how can I achieve that email always keep info from where they where
originated

Thanks in advance for you help.

Regards

cEd