List:       postfix-users
Subject:    Re: SV: Send a '550 reject' and still pass mail?
From:       Noel Jones <njones () megan ! vbhcs ! org>
Date:       2008-07-31 17:48:56

Anders Norrbring wrote:
>>> Is there a way to make Postfix send a '550 Recipient address
>> rejected' for
>>> every mail to a certain address in a domain, and still have it pass
>> the mail
>>> on to the IMAP server?
>>> I'm looking for a way to 'simulate' that the address does not exist,
>>> although it does..
>>>
>>> Anders
>>>
>> You need a smtpd_proxy_filter that responds with a 550 after
>> end-of-data and keeps a copy.  For example, you can do this
>> with amavisd-new by telling it to reject with quarantine.
>>
>> Note that responding with 550 at end-of-data affects all
>> recipients of a multi-recipient message.
>>
>> --
>> Noel Jones
>

> Thanks Noel,
> I'm just not sure about how to implement it.. I do use Amavis-New already
> that I call from Postfix with 'content_filter = lmtp-amavis' in main.cf
>
> Would you happen to have a concrete example on how to use it for let's say
> 'mail@domain.tld' and 'mail2@domain.tld' but not 'mail3@domain.tld' ? Or
> would it be possible to use only for a whole domain, and not some addresses?
> In any case, it would be nice with an example!
>
> Thanks!
> Anders.

Biggest change is you would need to use amavisd-new as a
smtpd_proxy_filter rather than a post queue content_filter.
Be aware that amavisd-new is not officially supported in this
mode, but is reported by others to work fine.  Also note that
smtpd_proxy_filter is not recommended for high-volume sites
since the number of smtpd listeners you can run is limited to
the number of amavisd-new children your hardware can support.

Then just blacklist that recipient, set amavisd-new to
D_REJECT, and turn on quarantine.

I suggested amavisd-new as one example of how this could be
done.  It's not necessarily the best way.

--
Noel Jones