List:       postfix-users
Subject:    Re: message_size_limit and reject
From:       Noel Jones <njones () megan ! vbhcs ! org>
Date:       2007-09-28 15:14:13

At 08:24 AM 9/28/2007, Pascal Maes wrote:
>Hello
>
>I think that when the size of the message is greater then the limit,
>the message is rejected.
>That's the whole message which is rejected.
>
>Is it possible to reject a short part of the message ?
>
>Regards,
>--
>Pascal

Don't confuse a bounce with a reject.

A reject sends a short "550 rejected ..." response to the client
during the SMTP transaction without returning any portion of the
message.  The sender's mail server may send a bounce message to them,
you have no control over that.

If you are sending bounces (you accept the mail, then send a DSN or a
return message indicating non-delivery), you can control the size of
the bounce with bounce_size_limit.
http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#bounce_size_limit

--
Noel Jones