List:       postfix-users
Subject:    Re: Anyone seeing a lot of name_19XX spam?
From:       Evan Platt <evan () espphotography ! com>
Date:       2007-09-27 22:00:42

At 02:35 PM 9/27/2007, Noel Jones wrote:

>Such a check would be very false-positive prone, but if you have a
>small user base you might be able to get away with it.
>
># main.cf
>smtpd_sender_restrictions =
>    check_sender_access regexp:/etc/postfix/sender.regexp
>
># sender.regexp
># warning: likely to reject legit mail
>/_19[09][0-9]@hotmail\.com$/   REJECT sender address with _19xx@ not allowed
>
>(don't be tempted to return a message you wouldn't tell the boss' granny)
>Run "postfix reload" after editing main.cf.  Unlike hash files, it's
>not necessary to postmap a regexp file.
>
>A better solution is to just run your mail through
>SpamAssassin,  which will likely catch whatever these folks are
>sending.  If necessary, you could add a custom rule to add a few
>tics for a _19xx@ address.

I am the user base. :-D So it looks so far like it would work for me.

Good idea on SA - however my mail server so to speak is a irongate
box, which relays the mail to my OS/X Box. I stopped running SA to
keep the resources on the box free for FTP, web, etc.. but I may
implement another layer of SA....