List:       postfix-users
Subject:    Re: Selective greylisting with Gross (was:  greylist_if_reject?)
From:       "M. Fioretti" <mfioretti () mclink ! it>
Date:       2007-05-27 17:25:47

On Sun, May 27, 2007 20:06:51 PM +0300, Eino Tuominen (eino@utu.fi)
wrote:

> We have written a selective greylisting server, named Gross
> (Greylisting of Suspicious Sources).

this is similar to what Marbl
(http://www.orangegroove.net/code/marbl/) does, isn't it? I'm
interested to hear from you how the two compare, feature-wise (I give
for granted that Gross would be more resource efficient).

> If you're interested, project pages can be found on
> http://code.google.com/p/gross.

I *may* have the possibility to try with gross, but I could only do it
if a Centos rpm were available. I have a Centos VPS, don't run Centos
at home because I have different needs, and on the VPS, to minimize
the amount of software to maintain, there is no compiler installed.

I believe this is a pretty common situation with VPSs, be they Centos,
Debian, *BSD or anything else.

TIA,
	Marco