List:       postfix-users
Subject:    postfix, eth0 and eth0:1
From:       David De Maeyer <ddmaeyer () pentamind ! com>
Date:       2005-01-31 11:06:20

Hi all,

Got a stupid one but as I am in doubt...

I want Postfix to send our mails out from our server using two different
IP addresses, one bound to eth0 and the other bound on eth0:1. As far as
I can read in the doc, it shouldn't be more difficult than just
configuring eth0:1. Might also need to restart Postfix to see the added
IP. If I understand correctly, the "inet_interfaces" parameter should be
defined as "all" to get Postfix to claim all the active interfaces. Am I
right? Or did I totally miss the point?

Thanks in advance!

David

--
Med venlig hilsen / Best Regards

David De Maeyer
System Administrator
Pentamind A/S - the new media connection
Dortheavej 3, 2
DK-2400 Copenhagen NV
Phone:  +45 70 21 61 00
Mobile: +45 27 24 60 77