List:       postfix-users
Subject:    Re: mailq only, or all but, messages on hold
From:       LuKreme (List User Kreme) <kremels () kreme ! com>
Date:       2003-08-31 2:13:21

On Aug 30, 2003, at 10:48 AM, Alex van den Bogaerdt wrote:
> I get
>
>     D28AB159F62!    4309 Sat Aug 30 14:07:13  MAILER-DAEMON
>
> in stead of the desired
>
>     D28AB159F62!    4309 Sat Aug 30 14:07:13  MAILER-DAEMON
>     (host mail.passport.net[65.54.230.250] said: 452 Unable to
>     accept message because the server is out of disk space.
>                                          PPMSVCMG@PASSPORT.NET

mailq | grep -A3 \!  should work fine.  Increase/decrease the 3 to suit.

> Displaying context using gnu-grep is possible but I do not know
> how to display a variable number of lines after the matching
> line.

I don't either, but displaying the following 3 lines should be enough,
no?

> I've been thinking about using "sed" to do the job,  start
> printing if a Queue-ID is found with (or without) "!" appended
> continuing until the next one is seen.  Seems a bit of a waste
> because of two reasons:
>
> 1) I feel like I'm reinventing the wheel
> 2) It seems a waste to list all entries only to skip most of
>    them again

that's all grep is doing as well.  Certainly if you need exactly the
text following the ! and nothing else you will need to use sed for
that.

--
Heisenberg's only uncertainty was what pub to vomit in next and Jung
fancied Freud's mother too.  -- Jared Earle