List:       postfix-users
Subject:    Re: slow mail attachments
From:       Nils.Trzebin () t-online ! de (Nils Trzebin)
Date:       2003-03-26 19:52:10

* Nils Trzebin <Nils.Trzebin@t-online.de>:
> > What is "slow"?
> > Which process?
> > Got some logs?
>
> Slow meaning a mail with a 1 MB attachment that needed less than 10
> sec before a postfix smtp sever was set up now needs 3-5 minutes. I
> will attach the log tomorrow, got no access now

Ah. This is very slow.
- I agree ;-)

> They are in the same subnet, access to the server is via a 10 Mbit
> switch :-( so obviously no connection problem. Other services used by
> the clients on the same server do not show any delays...

Perform some network tests, e.g. us pchar et.al.
 - well I did and funnily enough when I did a logging with ethereal the
client's packets where somehow tiny bits and pieces compared to the
logging I did on a MUA directly on the server. We thought that this
might cause the "slow" behaviour because the requests to send the mail
on the smtp port are numerous but very small ... Hmmm. I suggeted that
it could be a problem caused by the MUA on the clients (old version of
Eudora Light).
I will be back tomorrow with the logs and the main.cf.
Best regards
Mit freundlichem Gruss

Nils Trzebin
http://www.nt-designs.de