List:       postfix-users
Subject:    Re: [OT} Company Disclaimers
From:       mls () VegInfo ! com
Date:       2002-09-30 17:48:45

Craig Sanders wrote:
> even though these long appended disclaimers are a stupid idea
> (they're worthless and they just make both the sender and the
> organisation behind them look like idiots), [SNIP]

Don't know whether that is true in all countries. Long ago,
had a very brief discussion [in USA} with a legal type person
(if memory serves me right). In the context of protecting a
computer, vaguely recall that I was asked to put a disclaimer to
the effect that some computer or other was private property.

Techies try their best to harden a computer system. But by
claiming that it was private property, it was apparently easier
to bring a case against an intruder (property rights apparently
have a lot of legal precedent in USA). May be by putting in the
disclaimer, folks are trying to assert private property rights
to email, thereby bringing in all that legal precedent.

Since I am not a lawyer, don't really whether any of the above
is true or not.

das
-
To unsubscribe, send mail to majordomo@postfix.org with content
(not subject): unsubscribe postfix-users