List:       postfix-users
Subject:    Re: compile problems
From:       "Cybertime Hostmaster" <hostmaster () cybertime ! net>
Date:       2002-08-30 19:37:20

> I tried to compile Postfix Snapshot 1.1.11-20020822 on a Solaris 9 box
with gcc and I got a whole screen load of the following error. What am I
missing.

gcc -Wmissing-prototypes -Wformat -DHAS_POSIX_REGEXP -Dstrcasecmp=fix_strcas
ecmp                        -Dstrncasecmp=fix_strncasecmp -g -O -I. -I../../
include -DSUNOS5 -c virtual.c

-Wmissing-prototypes is an option, a flag, not an error.

ASSEMBLER OPTION
       -Wa,option
              Pass  option as an option to the assembler.  If op-
              tion contains commas, it is split into multiple op-
              tions at the commas.

It means Warn User if there are any Missing Prototypes.

If it has errors, it would drop out and say something like this:

/usr/bin/pod2man: Improper man page - no dash in NAME header in paragraph 11
of qmail-queue.amavis

or this:

Installing /usr/bin/amavis-inject
Writing
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005/i386-freebsd/auto/AMAVIS/.packlist
# Install Exim filter script
install -m644 amavis-filter  /usr/bin/../share/amavis/amavis-filter
install: /usr/bin/../share/amavis/amavis-filter: No such file or directory
*** Error code 71

Stop in /usr/ports/antivirus/amavis-ng-0.1.4.

Both of those I recently had while trying AMaViS-ng on FreeBSD, and are not
Postfix errors.

While they are not for this program, that are what you would see in a
compile time problem.

So as long as there was nothing that said Warning, or Error, or dropped out
and would not take the next step, then it went fine.

--Eric

-
To unsubscribe, send mail to majordomo@postfix.org with content
(not subject): unsubscribe postfix-users