List:       poptop-server
Subject:    Re: [Poptop-server] Client cannot connect
From:       James Cameron <james.cameron () hp ! com>
Date:       2007-08-23 0:37:21

On Tue, Aug 21, 2007 at 03:59:36PM -0500, Sergio Restrepo wrote:
>    Aug 21 15:49:11 remoto pppd[17267]: sent [LCP ConfReq id=0x1 <asyncmap
>    However, I never get a response from the client and the connection is
>    never completed.

On the basis of this limited information, the path between the client
and the server is blocked and the GRE packets are not getting through.

You could use tcpdump or wireshark to find out whether the GRE packets
are being seen ... check on both the client and the server network
interfaces.

(I was going to reference a diagnosis HOWTO page on the SourceForge
hosted project web site for pptpclient or poptop, but it isn't working
for me right now.)

--
James Cameron                         http://quozl.netrek.org/
HP Open Source, Volunteer             http://opensource.hp.com/