List:       poptop-server
Subject:    [Poptop-server] Serial line is looped back...
From:       "Denny Zulfikar" <111010268 () students ! stttelkom ! ac ! id>
Date:       2006-06-15 20:51:14

Hello,

I am using ppp 2.4.3, pptp 1.3, and freeradius 1.1.2

Every after my pptp server bootup, my clients connect to pptp server, it
must give this error for the first time :

Using interface ppp0pptpconfig: monitoring interface ppp0

Connect: ppp0 <--> /dev/pts/5
Serial line is looped back.
Connection terminated.
Script pptp 192.168.0.1 --nolaunchpppd  finished (pid 4980), status = 0x0
pptpconfig: pppd process terminated by signal 17 (failed)
pptpconfig: SIGUSR2

in the second time, (the client retry connect to pptp server) it must
successfull :

Using interface ppp0pptpconfig: monitoring interface ppp0

Connect: ppp0 <--> /dev/pts/5
MPPE 128-bit stateless compression enabled
local  IP address 192.168.1.15
remote IP address 192.168.1.2
primary   DNS address 202.134.2.5
secondary DNS address 202.134.0.155
pptpconfig: pppd process exit status 0 (started)
ip route replace 192.168.0.1 dev eth0  src 192.168.0.137
pptpconfig: routes added to remote networks
pptpconfig: DNS changes made to /etc/resolv.conf
pptpconfig: connected

Why this error occurs? this happen every time after I boot my pptp server.
both windows or linux must give same error. "serial line detected".

thanks alot for any answers...:)

regards,
denny