List:       poptop-server
Subject:    RE: [Poptop-server] Documentation edit
From:       "Peter Mueller" <pmueller () sidestep ! com>
Date:       2005-05-11 23:16:26

> On Wed, May 11, 2005 at 10:57:37AM -0700, Peter Mueller wrote:
> > Since all poptop servers are multihomed, we will need a
> statement to
> > help prevent crashes on some variants.  This will also prevent log
> > spamming.
>
> So some variants of Samba crash if the interfaces are not
> restricted to localhost and the IP?

So it seems.  LDAP/smb stopped working with lots of spam in my smbd log file.
From the client perspective the VPN was rejecting the username.  In the logs
it was indicating it was trying to send over the public interface a private
ip broadcast, and then it was more seriously erroring out.  Once I added the
interface selection all of this went away.

> > The change is simple.  Replace 10.0.0.10 with your private ip!
> >   interfaces = 10.0.0.10 lo
>
> Which private IP?  eth0, or local side of ppp0?

The private interface, not ppp.

> I've updated the document, saying "your-server-ip".

Looks good.