List:       poptop-server
Subject:    Re: [Poptop-server] Authentication on Linux client different than windows?
From:       James Cameron <james.cameron () hp ! com>
Date:       2005-03-24 4:11:19

On Tue, Mar 22, 2005 at 09:46:23PM -0800, Mark Winslow wrote:
> I get that chap authentication fails.  I looked in the
> docs and it said to take out spaces in passwords which
> I did.  Is there anything else I should know?

Yes;

- there's lots of possible causes,

- the debug log can be used to reduce the causes with reference to the
  FAQ, and

James Cameron                         http://quozl.netrek.org/
HP Open Source, Volunteer             http://opensource.hp.com/
PPTP Client Project, Release Engineer http://pptpclient.sourceforge.net/