List:       poptop-server
Subject:    Re: [Poptop-server] Problem with pptpd and RADIUS auth (and
From:       "Peter Bates" <Peter.Bates () lshtm ! ac ! uk>
Date:       2004-12-17 17:50:18

Hello all...

> Ray Van Dolson <rayvd@digitalpath.net> 17/12/04 16:06:25 >>>
>I did miss something--although I'm not sure this line is essential
for
>things to work correctly:

>AddToReply MS-MPPE-Encryption-Policy=Encryption-Required

>is set right after the AutoMPPEKeys yes configuration directive.  You
might
>give it a try.

Da da!
As if by magic, things started working... thanks a lot to all!

Well, in particular to Ray for the above Radiator specific stuff... not
sure whether other RADIUS servers 'just work', but the above definitely
made things happier for me, and now pptpd is happy talking back and
forth with the RADIUS server.

When I switch to using my users in an LDAP backend via the RADIUS
server, things start failing(I suspect because the MS-CHAPed password is
being tested against a non MS-CHAP password in the LDAP server), but
that has nothing to do with pptpd, so I'll stop there!

Thanks again!