List:       poptop-server
Subject:    Re: [Poptop-server] Still getting NULL pointers :-(
From:       Ray Van Dolson <rayvd () digitalpath ! net>
Date:       2004-12-17 16:04:04

So far things have been solid using noapic and nosmp.  I wonder if there
could be issues arising from SMP or APIC in the MPPE module or in Poptop
itself?  I would love to get all my customers to connect for a while
without MPPE to see if it made a difference, but this would be a gargantuan
and probably not too adviseable from a security standpoint undertaking. :)

I guess next I might throw APIC back on to at least get my IO performance
back and see if things are stable with just SMP.

I should note that these are only preliminary results.. the server has been
up and running two days without a crash, however I really need to make sure
things stay up for a few weeks at least :)