List:       poptop-server
Subject:    Re: [Poptop-server] Maximum 100 connections
From:       "Bruno Lopes F. Cabral" <bruno () openline ! com ! br>
Date:       2003-08-27 18:30:58

Hello there

> I'm using Poptop on redhat 9.0 and everything works just fine.
> I discovered that the maximum connections it set to 100. I guess that's
> because pppd is by default compiled for maximum 100 connections, right?
> Is there any reason why pppd set the default maximum connections to 100 and
> not eg. 200?

Hello there

POPTOP has a default of 100 connections. To rise that, you have
two options:

1. recompile it increasing the # of connections
2. let PPP assign the IP addresses

other than that, if you plan to bypass 256 connections, please write
me directly, so we can discuss some issues you'll problably find

Cheers
!3runo
from Brazil