List:       poptop-server
Subject:    RE: [Poptop-server] Directed Broadcasts
From:       "James Neave" <JNeave () spursolutions ! com>
Date:       2003-08-26 10:08:31

Hi,

Well, here's the thing. I'm trying to build a compile environment for my
bering box.

So far I have the latest stable Debian release on a 6Gb partition on my
main XP box. Put in a boot floppy and it boots to debian.

I can install the correct version of glibc and gcc (I think, the package
selector for debian is... arse) but I have no WIMP environment, which I
need to get to websites and download tgz's full of source.

All because I really want to have a go myself, you see I'm also trying
to build a new kernel for Bering to use my soundcard, then I can make an
internet radio for the living room. :D

But the WIMP environment is being a bitch. Hopefully I can only bother
Jaques as a last resort.

Thanks,

James