List:       poptop-server
Subject:    Re: [Poptop-server] PoPTop auth Redir IAS/RADIUS(Microsoft
From:       Giosuč Pacifico <giosue.pacifico () lett ! unitn ! it>
Date:       2003-08-22 22:43:29

At 20.43 22/08/2003, Marco Aurelio Rovari wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I am with the following problem:
>I have PoPTop usually working, authenticating through the chap-secrets he
>works
>with mppe and mschap-v2 and require-date-encryption in the dial-up, but when
>I aim the autenticaēćo
>for my IAS/RADIUS(Microsoft W2K), the connection is only being established
>if I remove the require-mppe and the
>require-mschap-v2, I also have to configure the dial-up to connect without
>require-date-encrypt.
>I already know that my IAS not accept mschap-v2, but even so the should be
>working with require-date-encryption.
>
>anybody know what is this?

Hi,
have you tried to change the default remote access policy in IAS? Select
the profile, properties, edit profile... Check "Authentication" and
"Encryption" tabs, select MS-Chap2 only in the first, Strongest only in the
other. The last option (128 bit encryption) is available only after the W2K
High Encryption Pack is installed.
Bye

Giosuč

Giosuč Pacifico
Presidio I.T.M. Facoltą di Lettere
Universita' degli Studi di Trento - Italy