List:       popbsmtp-users
Subject:    Database file empty/error on read
From:       "madman" <madman () starfleet ! hu>
Date:       2003-09-05 21:27:23

Hi all!

I've got a little problem with pop-before-smtp
I'm using debian woody, and in case that I install pop-before-smtp by
apt-get, it produces an empty database (my logfile is relatively big,
full of successfull logins), the pattern is also good.

So, because of this ,I descided to download the latest version, and use
that, I purged the old one installed by apt-get, and started to use the
newer. This time the database wasn't empty, and the test was also
successful. I could see the correct ip addresses from the log, etc. BUT:
postfix couldn't read the db file
# postmap -q 123.123.123.123 hash:./pop-before-smtp
postmap: fatal: open database ./pop-before-smtp.db: Unknown error
4294936306

Postfix (ver 1.1.11) was installed by apt-get

I've searched the google for possible answers, but I found relatively
few.. It' something to do with Berkeley DB.. But no solution.. Only
explaination...

So what can I do?
The old pop-before-smtp possibly compatible with the postfix (or not..)
but It generates empty db file, but the new version is also unusable for
me, because postfix cannot read it...

Bye

 - Madman out -

        Madman ( madman@starfleet.hu )

"To boldly go where no one has gone before ..."

*** Transmition End ***