List:       popbsmtp-users
Subject:    Re: pop-before-smtp+postfix on solaris
From:       Bennett Todd <bet () rahul ! net>
Date:       2003-08-27 19:01:17

2003-08-27T14:47:01 Mike Saunders:
> > Another, which may be simpler, is to pick another map type, and
> > tweak pop-before-smtp to use it. Your "dbm" map type is quite likely
> > ndbm; just using the NDBM_File support should teach pop-before-smtp
> > to talk at your Postfix.
>=20
> 	By now it's quite obvious that I haven't upgraded pop-before-smtp
> in a *long* time.  Thanks for that info, Bennett!

My pleasure.

And yes, recent versions have nice explicit support for NDBM_File.

But unless I'm misremembering, even back to the first versions, I
was using DB_File through the portable and consistent API that's
interchangeable among AnyDBM_File; hence, about all that was needed
was s/DB_File/NDBM_File/, and perhaps tweak trailing parameters to
the db file open invocation.

-Bennett