List:       popbsmtp-users
Subject:    Re: Problems after RH9 upgrade
From:       Benedikt Carda <carda () two-wings ! net>
Date:       2003-08-25 10:04:59

This e-mail is in reply to the post of Dave Alexander of 26th June 2003.

I have upgraded to RH9 too now, and the pop-before-smtp part works
correctly. What I have done was to reinstall the required perl packages.
 Do this by executing the following commands:

perl -MCPAN -e 'install Time::HiRes'
perl -MCPAN -e 'install File::Tail'
perl -MCPAN -e 'install Date::Parse'
perl -MCPAN -e 'install Net::Netmask'

After that you should be set to restart the pop-before-smtp daemon and
it should work. The point is that when RH makes the upgrade from 7.2 to
9 it just overwrites the current perl by the new RPM from RH 9. All perl
packages installed through CPAN get lost and you have to reinstall them.

Best Regards,
Benedikt