List:       popbsmtp-users
Subject:    sendmail with popbsmtp - popauth.db-error in logfile
From:       Reinhard Vielhaber <rv () rvis ! de>
Date:       2002-10-18 8:02:41

Hi,

I installed popbsmtp (v1.31) for my sendmail (v8.11.3) with the popauth-hack.
When I try to send a mail to this server I get the following error in
/var/mail/log:

Cannot open hash database /etc/mail/popauth.db: Invalid argument

When I look in /var/mail I see the file size of 12288Byte is different from
the other *db-files (which are 16384Byte).

And a makemap -u hash /etc/mail/popauth.db results in the following:

makemap:error opening type hash map popauth.db: Invalid argument.

What is wrong?

cu,
Reinhard