List:       poi-user
Subject:    Re: next version of poi
From:       Andreas Beeker <kiwiwings () apache ! org>
Date:       2019-11-27 21:30:06

[Attachment #2 (multipart/mixed)]

Hello Ankita,

> Looking at the change log it seems that poi can release in as little as 3 months.
This was the plan once ... currently our committer base is a bit ... busy somewhere \
else, I guess. So usually we wait for enough changes to accumulate or if we \
discover/fix a regression to be provided soonish. Although most part of rolling the \
release is scripted and a matter of executing a few commands, we and Tika always run \
a regression test on a big corpus, which also consumes some time.

So if there's a specific change which you are depending on, you can always ask nicely \
for a new release - but currently I don't see the need to push out releases every \
three months.

Best wishes,
Andi