List:       poi-user
Subject:    Remote images in Excel - Performance issue
From:       sh3wai <sh3wai () gmail ! com>
Date:       2015-07-10 10:23:10

Hi, I have trouble with Excel document, which I am creating via Apache POI
library.

I have to put like 5000 remote images inside Excel sheet and I am using
following code to import images:  SheetBuilder.java
<http://apache-poi.1045710.n5.nabble.com/file/n5719345/SheetBuilder.java>

I just copied following solution:
http://apache-poi.1045710.n5.nabble.com/Load-remote-image-inside-excel-sheet-td5709821.html

Entity class has informations about column and row number and image address.

I guess images are importing correctly, because I have no problems to import
and display a few (10-20) of them, but I can not even open Excel document
with 500 remote images inside (loading never ends...). Perhaps Excel is out
of memory or something like that.

My question is: Am I wrong with using your library ?