List:       poi-user
Subject:    VLOOKUP with default sort code
From:       Blake Watson <blake.watson () pnmac ! com>
Date:       2014-10-17 18:07:19

Hello, all--

I'm using POI to supply values to a customer created spreadsheet and
present return values, which has worked pretty well so far. I have an issue
where VLOOKUP doesn't work (at least in some cases) if there's no sort
parameter provided.

This doesn't work:

=ROUND(VLOOKUP(State,Assumptions!A5:D57,Occ)/30,0)

But this (in the same spreadsheet):

=+VLOOKUP(State,Assumptions!A5:J57,10,0)+1

does! Pulling up the sheet in OOo and Google Calc I see the same thing. The
former does not work, while the latter does. If I add the default parameter:

=ROUND(VLOOKUP(State,Assumptions!A5:D57,Occ,0)/30,0)

in Calc, I get the right result. (I then tried to download it as an XLSX
only to find that the ",0" had been stripped!)

Any thoughts?

===Blake===