List:       poi-user
Subject:    Questions regards POI use with Excel and Word files.
From:       "Zachary Mitchell, BCIS" <zac.j.m () internode ! on ! net>
Date:       2009-09-29 2:26:03

//=====================================================================

//QUESTION1:

- How do I use CellRangeAddress objects to copy/cut and paste
an area of cells from an HSSFSheet to another?

removeMergedRegion(int index); //cut
getMergedRegion(int index); //copy

in HSSFSheet,

Using these in fonjuction with CellRangeAddress?

I believe I understand what to do,

but the api documentation for these POI classesdoesn't tell me

what the above int indexes should be?

Do I assume they start from 1?

//=====================================================================

//QUESTION2:

When using HWPF to read and write from a Microsoft Word doc file,

there are methods in the CharacterRun class that let me get the Font

and FontSize for that particular CharacterRun.

How do I set Font values? What do the functions/arguments

void setFtcAscii(int ftcAscii)
void setFtcFE(int ftcFE)
void setFtcOther(int ftcOther)

do in terms of specifying a particular Font for a CharacterRun?

What values correspond to which Font?

Where may one get a list of the available Fonts, out of the HWPF classes?