List:       poi-user
Subject:    Re: POI - HWPFDocument
From:       Anthony Andrews <pythonaddict () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2008-12-11 18:04:53

Right, I have put together another archive for you that contains a class to \
illustrate how Word can be controlled using COM and the SWT. Here is the link on \
Rapidshare;

http://rapidshare.com/files/172451361/Word_Merge.rar

If you unpack the archive, you should have a folder called Word Merge. In there is a \
file called Readme.rtf that will explain how to proceed. As I said before, you do \
need to be running a local copy of Word - that is one installed on your PC. If that \
is the case then all should be well.

I downloaded your Word document and it worked perfectly well on my machine. I cannot \
begin to guess what the problem could be but will hold off from any further digging \
around until you have tried this new approach as it offers us more in terms of \
preserving formatting and the like. When you open the file called \
WordSearchReplace.java do not worry about the amount of code that seems to be there. \
You need to focus first on just a few lines in the main() method as the Readme.rtf \
file will explain. If the COM approach does work for you then I can explain how it \
all hangs together and it is surprisingly straightforward - the major problem will be \
that Microsoft change the VBA language sometimes between versions of Word and this \
may catch us out, hopefully not though. Good luck and I look forward to hearing from \
you again - hopefully with good news this time.