List:       poi-user
Subject:    Re: Problem Renaming Print Area in French Excel
From:       muhammad.sohail () ext ! mpsa ! com
Date:       2008-02-28 16:07:11

Anyone?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------=
---------------------------------------

On Feb 22, 2008, at 6:02 PM, MUHAMMAD SOHAIL wrote:

Hi,

I am using POI version 3.0.1 Final and I am generating an Excel file.
During generation, I set Print Area using the function of HSSFWorkbook
which takes row & column numbers (pointers).
And then I try to open this file in MS Excel 2003 SP2 in French Locale
(i.e, After changing Regional Parameters (placement) to "French (France=
)"
and Menus & dialog boxes to "fran=E7ais" in Regional Settings of Window=
s 2000
Pro)

The following pop-up message appears (picture inline):

Which means (in English):
Name already in use
The name must not be same to a predefined name
Previous name: Zone_d_impression (Print_Area in english)
New name: <text_box>

After I give whatever name in the text box, I can open Excel, but loose=
the print area settings that I have made (The range that I set earlier
remains with the new name that I have given, but I suppose since its no=
same as should be the name for the range of print area, it is simply
considered as another named range and not taken into account in print
setup).

I have also tested the code with POI version 3.0.2 Final, but the probl=
em
remains the same.

But the problem is not that simple.

   Firstly, as I am generating Excel which contains many sheets with
   different data, the problem occurs only with one particular sheet. A=
ll
   the rest of the sheets works fine and there is no problem with print=

   area for them. If I generate Excel making sure that I don't set prin=
   area for that particular sheet, everything goes well. However, I am
   unable to verify what is difference between this sheet and the rest =
of
   the sheets. Even if I pass same parameters (i.e, same column and row=

   numbers) to the HSSFWorkbook.setPrintArea() for all sheets, this pro=
blem
   remains.

   Secondly, I am also generating Repeating Headers in print setup, mor=
   precisely Row & Columns to be repeated for every page to be printed =
for
   a sheet. If I don't set print area for all sheets, the same problem
   (renaming problem) appears for repeating headers. This time name is:=

   Impression_des_Titres (or in English: Print_Titles). Problems remain=
   with the same sheet. Removing repeating headers does not solve print=

   area problem.

   And last but not the least, when the same file is opened in English =
(US)
   Locale, there is no problem while opening and neither in print setup=
.

Few things to be noted:

   When I try to set print area for less number of sheets, its not that=

   previously mentioned particular sheet that poses problem anymore, th=
is
   time the renamed area is found under some other sheet.

   If I set print area for only one sheet, it can be any sheet, without=
 any
   problem. But when I try to apply print area setup on more than 1 she=
et,
   then they should be only 1st till 13th sheets. Adding any sheet othe=
   than these will cause the problem.

If someone can help me out in this regard, it would be really appreciat=
ed.=