List:       poi-user
Subject:    Re[2]: Master sheet handling
From:       Yegor Kozlov <yegor () dinom ! ru>
Date:       2006-12-26 9:38:03

Hi

Aha! You are doing it wrong.

RichTextRun._getRawParagraphStyle() returns the collection of the
OVERRIDDEN style properties.

If the properly is not there, you should examine the master sheet.
A good example is RichTextRun.getCharTextPropVal().
If a character property is not found it searches it in the master
sheet.

P.S. I don't recommend you to use the accessors to low-level style records.
Be careful, this code is subject to change. Or use it only as a
temporary solution, until the proper classes appear.

Regards, Yegor

EG> Hi

EG> A further explanation:
EG> I'm working with POI HSLF to read MS-PowerPoint presentations to JAVA objects \
supplied with POI.

EG> I have a code that traverses the \
RichTextRun._getRawParagraphStyle().getTextPropList() list, finding any property with \
key containing "bullet.". This is the way I identify bullets.

EG> The problem I encounter is that master sheets' bullets are not recognized by \
HSLF.