List:       poi-user
Subject:    RE: AW: can we convert excel 95 to excel 97
From:       Anthony Andrews <pythonaddict () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2006-07-25 14:48:36

Ravi

Have tried a few times now but I cannot send the code successfully to you. It was \
originally in a .zip archive that was rejected, so I unzipped it and attached just \
the .java code file only to be told that was too large. So, I have uploaded the file \
to Rapidshare so that you can download it if you wish; just follow this link

http://rapidshare.de/files/26967348/Excel_OLE.zip

and you can use the free option beacuse the file is so small. Once you have the \
arcive, unzip it into a separate folder and then red the 'read-me.rtf' file.

Must admit that VB would be my preferred option. If I remember correctly, there are \
OLE controls available in Visual Studio and it would be easy to use one of these to \
execute the correct VBA code to automate the file copies.

Hope this helps.

ravi shankar <anupindi.shankar@oracle.com> wrote: Hi All,
     I am having the following requirement.
       1.We are having excel 95 sheets in database in BLOB column.
       2.I need to read those files and store it back into excel 97 format
so that we can use POI.
     So what I am looking for is.. to use some third party APIs through
which I can read the files from database
     and while saving the APIs should provide me the option to save it back
in 97 format.
     That is what I am looking for.

     Yesterday "Karl" has pointed to me OOo as one of the alternatives,which
can be used to accomplish this.

     Anthony,If you can share the code which you are talking of then it will
be well and good.
     Moroever I will try to use the code snippets which "Tom" has send in
the mean while.

     If there is any way I can do this from VB5 then it will be the best
option,so that we can simply run the exe and
     everything is done behind the progress bar.
Regards
Ravi