List:       poi-user
Subject:    Problem with special characters in generated HSSFWorkbook
From:       Laura Wehrwein <buggz_co () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2006-05-31 23:11:35

Hello.  Our application utilizes POI and jXLS to create a  HSSFWorkbook.  When a user \
copies text from a Microsoft Word  document containing special characters (e.g. \
double quotes, single  quotes, etc.) into our application, the characters are not \
displayed  correctly in the resulting Excel file.  I have already tried  \
setContentType and setCharacterEncoding on the HttpServletResponse  object.  Does \
anyone have any additional ideas on correctly  displaying these special Windows \
characters?
  Thanks in advance for your help.