List:       poi-user
Subject:    Compiling 2.5.1
From:       Sebastian Stein <seb.stein () hpfsc ! de>
Date:       2005-11-29 13:39:33

Hi,

I want to compile POI release 2.5.1 on my own. I have downloaded the source
package. I run ant compile, but I get an error message saying that the
xalan.xslt library is missing. Therefore, I have downloaded this library as
well and put it in the lib/ directory. In addition, I have altered the
build.xml file to add the xalan.jar to the classpath. Now everything
compiles fine and I can create even jar files.

Now I wonder if this is the right way to go. Why is the dependency on xalan
not included in the build.xml? Also, do I have to deploy the xalan.jar as
well or is it statically linked into the created jar files?

Sebastian