List:       poi-user
Subject:    Re: Automatically expanding each column to accomodate largest/widest cell using POI-HSSF
From:       Sanjiv Jivan <sanjiv.jivan () gmail ! com>
Date:       2005-04-26 12:46:27

Not sure if HHSF has an API for this but you can add the following
code in the Open  subroutine of  your workbook.

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
   Dim i As Integer
   Application.ScreenUpdating = False
   For i = 1 To Sheet1.UsedRange.Columns.Count
        Sheet1.UsedRange.Columns(i).EntireColumn.AutoFit
    Next
   Application.ScreenUpdating = True
End Sub

Hope this helps,