List:       poi-user
Subject:    POI HSSF file read in Websphere 5.1
From:       Kishore Kandikonda <knandakishore () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2004-09-27 15:34:19

My websphere app server(v 5.1) at times shuts down when the my code is unable to read \
the excel spreadsheet uploaded through the web-app. I am supposed to read a csv file, \
but since poi asks for an ole type component to read, I am having to convert the .csv \
file into .xls manually through the MS Excel app. Does anybody think that I could be \
messing around with the spreadsheet format by doing this?
Also, it scares me that an error in file read actually causes the jvm to dump and \
write to a core file, rather than it being hadled in my catch block. I cannot \
possibly allow this to happen in on a live web site. Does anybody know how this can \
be handled?
Thanks,
Kishore

P.S. I have tried various ways to convert .csv to .xls and there is no one way which \
allow the file to be read for sure.