List:       poi-dev
Subject:    Need Guidelines, Tips, Advice On Contributing...
From:       "Lingjiao.Chen" <lingjiao.chen () cloudnovations ! com>
Date:       2009-09-18 17:59:24

Hi.

I'm a developer situated in the U.S. Our client is phasing out the old excel
2003 and rolling out with Excel 2007 versions agency wide. We are making a
lot of effort to support this transition within our application. We've
started to use the new 3.5 beta already. However, there are still a lot of
methods from HSSF used within our application that's still not supported in
the XSSF. For example, the "writeProtectWorkbook()" method hasn't been
implemented yet in XSSF.

I would like to see if I could help contribute towards some of the core
functionality to speed up the development -- focusing on the things our
client need. Could an experienced poi-developer help to point me to the
right direction as to how to get started on this? I'm looking for
guidelines, development procedures, submission standards, etc.

Please let me know. I'd like to help!

Thanks.
Ling