List:       poi-dev
Subject:    Reading Word questions
From:       Georgios Samaritakis <samarita () ics ! forth ! gr>
Date:       2005-02-18 16:25:43

Hello there!

My task is to read a Word document and transform it into an XML file.
My Word doc is quite simple (no tables, headers, footers etc). Just
plain text and paragraphs. However, I have to be style-aware. That is
when I parse the text I have to know if a word or just a character is
bold or italic or.....

Is POI capable to handle that? Just read my text word by word or letter
by letter and let me process things the way I want depending on the style?

Thank you